JRuDevels

Jabber Russian Developers Forum.

JRuDevels Forum Index » Vacuum » Some ideas for the future
Some ideas for the future
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
john23456

Hi *.

Two weeks ago I've setup ejabberd server in my company and moved everybody to XMPP. One of demanded features was to keep user's archive on server. And that's where Vacuum-IM showed up. About ~15 people are using it since than [both on Windows and Linux], and so far zero major problems Smile Looks like we gonna stay with it. Thanks to whole team for this piece of software.

I've gathered few small demands that some of the users found usefull in other IMs. I give you the list and hope it'll help make Vacuum even better in near future.

1. Options to hide all bars with buttons - in roster window (upper and lower), in chat (archive, vcard, send). It would be great with some Fx or Ctrl+ shortcut to switch between layout with and without buttons.

2. Option to define default system browser [list or even better - input for path to file].

3. Option to keep many resources of one contact in one list item, like in Psi. To talk with specified resource, there might be list of under right click menu.

4. Option to define own background color in Adium style [not just list of predefined colors, whole simple RGB selector].

5. Option to see whole user's status on roster [folden lines instead of one with dots at the end].

6. Enter on numeric keyboard should act like standard enter key. Even with "send on enter" option, numeric inserts new line.

7. This one is rather huge, but on some Linux systems with Gnome there are small differences with Qt <-> GTK look. Option to select between Qt or GTK interface/dependencies.

So far this is it. Sorry if this wrong forum' section or something. I don't know Russian language a bit Wink

Also, I'm talking with my management about donation to this project - now, when everybody in company can see benefits of this IM. Is there a way to donate this project? I didn't see anything on http://code.google.com/p/vacuum-im/ .

Thanks and keep up the good work Smile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote
Lion
Разработчик
Разработчик

Thank you for your feedback, we will consider your wishes. Donations are not accepted now.
View user's profile Send private message Send Jabber-message HabaHaba - Fast communicate ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
palPred

Please, do not remove "Enter on numeric keyboard inserts new line" feature.
JRuDevels Forum Index » Vacuum