JRuDevels

Jabber Russian Developers Forum.

JRuDevels Forum Index » Разработка и проектирование [Devel] » innosetup vs. nsis
innosetup vs. nsis
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
j2a
Разработчик
Разработчик

В Tkabber-Pack-е, Psi используют NSIS в качестве инсталлятора, соответственно я, собирая TkabberOTC, "крутил" его. В принципе, мне он понравился. Однако на этом форуме предпочитают InnoSetup. Чуть погуглил, но более-менее толкового сравнения не нашел. Вот что попалось:

LibertyBASIC Community wrote:

Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS)
1. This is an open source scriptable installer creator. Very flexible, full featured, user custom configurations, small footprint and efficient tightly coded performance. As with most script driven installation creators, this program isn't really for the novice. Installers created with this package operate as Virtual Machines with a full array of features. Completely Microsoft compatible and then some. I think this will probably be my installer creator of choice.

2. NSIS is wonderful and very professional for hardly any work. It is free (which is most often the deciding factor for me) and is made by the same people as winamp. If you look at the style of installer produced by NSIS, you will see that many professional titles use the powerful system.

Inno Setup
1. After a bit of research, I chose InnoSetup. My first impression was that it looked far too complicated for me to understand. However, I decided to try to set up an installer file for one of my programs. I soon realised that the wizard would probably make it easier than I had anticipated, but I immediately hit a problem. My program was using some images which were located inside a sub-folder,inside my main folder. The installer kept creating these images inside the new main folder. After many attempts, I decided that I would have to get my hands dirty and manually alter the .iss file to ensure that the program created everything in its right folder. Finally, I got it right. I still have one reservation, however. The shortcut (produced on the desktop) does not work. It cannot find the .tkn file. Apparently, this can only be overcome by specifying complete paths within the LB coding. I feel that this would be a problem if people decided to install to a different directory to the default one. Maybe I am wrong about this but the above are just the views of someone who has very little knowledge in these things.

2. The price is right. This FREE setup creator has been around a few years. The learning curve is a little steeper since some scripting is needed using the built-in IDE to fully personalize and customize the installer creation. There are a significant number of plug-ins, translations, editors, etc., available for this package. The web site is well organized and has good support through the FAQ and How-To sections. If you have the time to spend with doing a little learning, this program will do everything you need in creating an installation package. It's well worth the price.

3. Inno Setup Compiler is my preferred setup and packaging tool. It is extremely powerful and professional, yet it has a simple to use wizard which can shield you from the power and complexity.

Of course being a cheapskate such as I am, I really appreciate the price tag on Inno. Namely FREE. Just go to the website (mentioned in a moment) and download it and use it. It is that simple!

It is compatible with many programming languages, and again, Liberty Basic is no exception. It creates installation packages that can be run on any 32 bit version of windows, from 95 through XP.

В общем, если кто сталкивался и с тем и другим, хотелось бы услышать, на чём остановились, по каким причинам, какие сильные\слабые стороны есть у каждого из вариантов.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:17 am Reply with quote
leksey
Графоман
Графоман

Достойный конкурент. И, пожалуй, единственный.

В пользу Inno.
o InnoSetup очень качественный продукт.
o Windows-feel look
o многие питонописатели пользуют
o много под него написано чего строннего.
o встроенный паскаль, на котором можно что угодно наваять
View user's profile Send private message Send Jabber-message Visit poster's website HabaHaba - Fast communicate
innosetup vs. nsis
JRuDevels Forum Index » Разработка и проектирование [Devel]